1. Your best pitch is strike one. (thank you/hat tip to Todd Stottlemyre)
2. Believe in the 4 C's (Concentration, Composure, Control and Confidence)
3. Work quickly to give your defense a chance to play on their toes and field well.
4. When ahead 0-2 and 1-2 in the counts, miss in the right spots.
5. When in doubt, bust the hitter in on the hands.
6. However, the low and away corner shall always be a golden target.
7. Wind up slowly to throw the ball quickly; and work quickly while the the hitter is working slowly.
8. In high school, you can win with two pitches you control; with three pitches you will be Lights Out!
9. Make your own breaks (field your position, work your pickoffs and get ahead of the hitters)
10. NO WALKS!