Toms River High School South - 2010
1. Give me the ball! (want the ball, want to pitch)
2. Set the tempo; work quickly; throw strikes.
3. Help yourself – know our plays (pickoffs); field your position; backup.
4. Take advantage of your strengths and the opponents’ weaknesses.
5. Project confidence – believe in yourself.
6. Work ahead in the count - throw 2 different pitches for strikes; 3 would be a plus.
7. Keep your pitches down; especially the fastball. Change speeds, arm angle & looks.
8. Always a 0-0 game.
9. Shutouts win!!
10. Don’t be a nice guy! Get the hitters down (in the count) and BURY THEM!
(pictured above, St. Louis Cardinal ace Dizzy Dean. It would be interesting to bring back those old pitching motions!)